Why use a REC Audited Education agency?
By using a REC Audited Education member, as an employer you know that:
- They have demonstrated an extra level of compliance
- The agency you are working with is one of the 10% of agencies in REC membership that has demonstrated their professionalism by obtaining REC Audited
- You know they have a recognised kite mark of excellence and have undergone specific checks relating to the supply of staff into the education sector
- You can be confident you are using an accredited supplier that is accountable to a professional body via the REC's Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure
- This agency, as part of the professional body for the recruitment industry, is helping to build the best recruitment industry in the world.
What is REC Audited Education?
- REC Audited Education was developed after the Department for Education’s Quality Mark (QM) scheme ceased to exist in 2013
- This scheme builds on the legacy of the Quality Mark and has been designed with safeguarding in mind, ensuring agencies are carrying out the relevant checks when recruiting teaching and non-teaching staff
- This comprehensive audit ensures recruitment businesses comply with safeguarding legislation and recruitment best practice, with the process being independently verified by the REC
What areas are covered within the audit?
- Data protection
- Training and induction
- Complaints procedure
- Customer service
- Work seeker checks
- Dealing with clients
What checks should an agency carry out?
- Enhanced DBS
- Barred List check
- Prohibited list
- Rehabilitation of the Offenders Act Declaration
- Permission to work
- Medical declaration
- x2 references
- Face-to-face interview
For more information, you can visit the REC website by clicking HERE