Position: Assistant Principal – Leader of STEM
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Start Date: September 2020
Academic Appointments are currently working with a fantastic, inner city primary school in Leeds who are looking for an Assistant Headteacher to join their large setting from September 2020.
The school is a large Primary with c750 pupils who come from a diverse cultural background. The school offers a very energetic learning environment and we are looking for the following in the successful applicant.
A talented leader who wants to be a part of transforming education and helping to create an exceptional place of learning.
You should be knowledgeable about and experienced in implementing current good practice across all areas of teaching, EAL practices and a strong pedagogical knowledge in both English and Maths.
We are looking for people who enjoy teaching, have a desire to contribute to the development of our great school and are hungry for development. We are looking for leaders with:
- Excellent classroom practice and experience of working in upper KS2.
- Effective communication skills and a commitment to a collaborative team approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Energy, loyalty, passion and integrity.
- An ambition to develop further.
- High aspirations for all children, themselves and a desire to raise standards.
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree.
- NPQSL/NPQML or further leadership qualifications.
- An understanding of STEM education, particularly maths.
For further details of how to apply for this position, please contact Andrew Masterman on 0113 3901008 / 07510 671804 or email your CV to Andrew@academicappointments.co.uk