Assistant Principal – Teaching and Learning Location:
Leeds Salary: £51,000 - £56,579
Academic Appointments are delighted to be working with a large secondary academy situated in Leeds which is looking to appoint an Assistant Principal with responsibilities for Teaching and Learning.
We are looking for an experienced, talented, and forward-thinking school leader who can offer proactive support to the Principal and SLT and work towards ensuring that the academy leadership and management of the academy operate smoothly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join forces with a new and extremely passionate Principal who is dedicated to improving results and an opportunity to make a genuine difference.
- To actively participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, in the contribution towards and oversight of the strategic direction and leadership of the academy
- To significantly contribute to and enact the vision and values of the academy and the trust
- To provide pastoral support with regards to the college Intervention Procedures
- Report to the advisory group and, if applicable, the trust Board of Directors, on areas for which the post holder has responsibility, at the request of the Principal, CEO or respective chairs
- To take on any additional responsibilities and duties, commensurate with the post, as directed by the Principal
- To ensure awareness, promotion of and compliance with all college policies including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity
- Actively support and attend college events
Teaching and Learning
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team and other academy staff to bring about a continuous improvement in the quality of teaching and learning to ensure excellent outcomes for students and take appropriate action where shortcomings are identified
- Helping to develop policies and procedures as well as managing systems to ensure excellent student behaviour for learning
- Along with other members of the senior team, support Progress Tutors and subject staff in tackling more difficult student behaviour and in enacting the higher levels of the Student Intervention Procedures
- Fulfil a negotiated teaching commitment and be an excellent classroom practitioner
- To deliver the T, L and A strategy
- To focus on individual teacher CPD requirements from the APR process
- To be the learning walk lead and establish whole academy themes
- To co-ordinate best practice across the academy
- To lead and further develop the college peer observation procedures
- Work as part of the senior improvement team and be assigned to underperforming subjects and staff
- To lead on college marking and feedback
- To take responsibility for school areas providing effective line management
- To develop a literacy strategy for the academy incorporating essay writing skills
- To provide the strategic leadership for the revision launch. Leadership and Management of People
- Take on senior link line management responsibilities for a number of schools and potentially administrative areas
- Deputising for other members of the senior team as appropriate and required
- Providing a visible presence to support staff, students, parents and the local community as required
- Carrying out performance management of key leaders.
If you are interested in further details, please call Andrew Masterman for a confidential discussion on 0113 3901008 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org