Position: Assistant Principal (Teaching and Learning)
Start Date: April 2021
We are delighted to working with a small yet highly progressive trust based in West Yorkshire who are due to open a new free school in September 2021 and are looking for an Assistant Principal with responsibility for Teaching and Learning to join their team to welcome their first cohort of year 7 students in September 2021.
Having appointed a Principal and a Vice Principal they are now looking to secure a 3rd member of their SLT. We are looking for a talented, proactive and positive person who had the ability to communicate plans and strategies to deliver the highest levels of expectations for student behaviour and conduct. You will be able to inspire and motivate pupils and staff and will have experience in safeguarding, student support and working with external agencies to keep pupils safe.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with an eye for detail and a passion for school improvement at every level.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a trust that had a proven track record in improving outcomes for pupils and be a part of a schools journey from the very beginning.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
- Educated to degree levels or equivalent
- QTS and GTC registered
- Excellent track record of recent, relevant professional development
- Responsibility for an area of whole school performance
- Significant pastoral experience
- Experience of working as a strong leader in an educational setting
- Experience of leading pastoral systems and teams
- Understand the principals and characteristics of effective academies
- Understand the principals and practices of strategic and operational planning and delivery
The closing date for this position is the 9th of November 2020 and we welcome applications from candidates who fit the above criteria. If you would like to be considered for this position please contact Andrew Masterman on 0113 3901008 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org