Academic Appointments are currently looking for a qualified SEN/SEMH Teacher to join us as Assistant SENCO at one our partner schools in South Yorkshire.
We are looking for an SEN specialist who has the flexibility and knowledge to work with a range of pupils with SEN and SEMH needs and to assist the SENCO. The successful applicant will be resilient, creative and a dynamic practitioner, willing to undertake intervention sessions with small groups. This role is to start as soon as possible and is for the summer term initially. The job role:
What you will have:
- Deliver 1:1 or small group literacy intervention according to pupil need
- To undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a standard scale teacher. This to include small group work, in-class support and some whole class teaching of own subject.
- To teach students with a range of SEN and SEMH needs.
- To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required
- To assist the SENCO with training other staff members
- To assist the SENCO with a range of duties including provision mapping, assessments, records and documentary evidence, liaison and meetings with other professionals.
- To assist the Senco with managing and deploying Teaching Assistants.
- The successful applicant will be resilient, creative and a dynamic practitioner,
- Must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant degree.
- SEND/SEMH experience within a specialist provision
- Team Teach is desirable
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’ or call Olivia on 0113 390 1009
for an informal chat
Rate of pay is dependent on current grade, experience, and payroll method.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.