Academic Appointments are currently working alongside a Specialist Provision in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, to appoint a resilient and passionate Behaviour Support Worker.
- Immediate start, ongoing temporary contract with the possibility of permanent placement for the right applicant
- A dedicated team working in a school who value ideas and aim to re-engage
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- ‘Good’ rated by Ofsted
The role will involve supporting pupils aged 5 to 11 who have been excluded from mainstream education. The provision offers specialist teaching and support to children who have complex social, emotional and mental health needs, many also have additional severe learning and communication difficulties. These learning barriers can occasionally lead to challenging behaviour so it is important you have worked in a similar role. The role would also suit someone looking to move career from the police or youth sporting backgrounds.
The staff work hard to understand each individual pupil and their specific needs, they tailor lessons to ability and set ambitious but realistic targets. Their goal is to ensure that every pupil leaves with skills and confidence to secure their future. Requirements
- Experience supporting challenging behaviour is essential
- Team Teach is desirable however our in-house trainers will be able to offer training
- An enhanced DBS
- 2 references
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.