Funding status: State - Academy
Age range: 11 - 16 years
Contract Term: Permanent
Academic Appointments are working with an outstanding academy to appoint a permanent Cover Supervisor who is well-qualified, enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational
The successful candidate will:
- Provide classroom cover for teaching staff who are absent (covering short term absences).
- Maintain an orderly and purposeful environment in which students can complete work set by the classroom teacher/department.
- Implement the academy’s behaviour system and all relevant school policies.
- Report back to the team leader on a daily basis.
- Invigilate internal and external examinations when required.
- Accompany visits and field trips as required.
- Fulfil any other reasonable task requested by the Principal.
- Lead extra-curricular activities.
- To work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/ work plans as appropriate
- To monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities
- To provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and any other matters.
- To undertake marking of pupils work that has predetermined answers and involves no element of professional judgement or assessment.
- Accurately record all achievement and progress.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict in line with established policy
- Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher.
Administer and assess routine tests and invigilate exams/tests where required.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils competence and independence in its use.
- To provide general clerical administrative support – administer course work to produce worksheets for agreed activities
- Complete AM, Break, Lunch and PM supervisory duties as required by the Principal.
- Must hold GCSEs as a minimum
- High academic (vocational) qualifications desirable
- 2x references from educational establishments
- A valid DBS or be willing to obtain one
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.