Academic Appointments are currently working alongside a number of secondary schools in Harrogate and its surrounding areas to appoint Cover Supervisors.
- Flexible positions across Yorkshire
- Dedicated compliance team, committed to clearing your for work as quickly as possible
- Free online CPD training courses
- Specialist divisions catered towards your specific needs; Permanent, Auxiliary, Tuition & Intervention, Special Educational Needs, Short and Long Term Supply
- Positive relationships with experienced sector specialists
- Competitive rates of pay and regular work
- Refer a friend scheme
- Work in local areas – you will not be required to travel extensively
The schools are looking for passionate, driven and enthusiastic Cover Supervisors who can ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible during staff absence.
The role of a Cover Supervisor will require you to work under the guidance of teaching staff, to support pupils in or out of the classroom, including the supervision of the whole class. Cover Supervisors are required to be flexible in their approach, be prepared to cover any subject area and any year group with confidence. Although Cover Supervisor work is a casual position once a good impression has been made, schools often request individuals back by name. This enables them to maintain consistency for the children and have staff that know the school and their policies.
Roles are flexible, and you can be required to work full days or for specific periods throughout the school day.
Cover Supervisor roles are ideal for graduates who are looking to build up their experience before pursuing a career in teaching or for undergraduates who are currently studying a national curriculum subject and are seeking a part-time position to fit around their university course.
The ideal candidate would satisfy the following:
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with secondary age students
- Be flexible and have effective behaviour management skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with students and other members of staff
For more information or to apply, gemma on 01423 608655 or click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your CV.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing. Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.