Academic Appointments are currently working in partnership with a secondary school in Leeds to recruit for a Temporary Technology Technician. This role will be to start ASAP, on an ongoing basis.
The school require a Technology Technician to support the technology department with preparing materials within woodwork and textiles. The main duties will include; set up the equipment before the lessons, ensure the equipment is maintained to a high standard, behaviour management within the classroom and assisting the teacher with the class activities. In addition, the successful applicant will use and support students on equipment such as Circular Saw, Chop Saw, Pillar Drills and various hand tools namely, Tenon saws and Chisels.
To be considered for this position...
- You will need to have had experience of using the above equipment as a Technology Technician or in a similar role
- You will also need to have an excellent knowledge of Health and Safety
- Have good behaviour management skills
- Possess a technical understanding of textiles, the stock required
- 2 x references from educational establishment
- An enhanced DBS
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’
Rate of pay is dependent on current grade, experience and payroll method.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.