Academic Appointments are currently working alongside a secondary school in Rotherham to appoint a number of General Cover Teachers on both a part-time and full-time basis.
The role of a General Cover Teacher involves following the absent teacher's timetable, delivering set lessons and following the school's behaviour management policy to ensure pupils are on task.
Although General Cover Teaching work is a casual position, once a good impression has been made, schools often request individuals back by name. This enables them to maintain consistency for the children and have staff that know the school and their policies.
The headteacher and other senior leaders at the school have developed and sustained a clear vision and sense of direction which staff across the school are on board with and are committed to.
The successful candidates will be supporting across key stages 3 and 4, mainstream and potentially SEND.
Supply is a great way to build up teaching experience by working in a variety of school settings and offers flexibility. Benefits of Supply Teaching with Academic Appointments:
- Opportunity to gain experience from a wide range of educational establishments
- 48-hour clearance scheme to get you cleared for work as quickly as possible
- Free online CPD training courses
- Generous bonus scheme
- Specialist divisions catered towards your specific needs; Permanent, Auxiliary, Tuition & Intervention, Special Educational Needs, Short and Long Term Supply
- Must hold QTS or equivalent
- Previous teaching experience is required
- 2x references
- A valid DBS or willing to obtain one
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’ or, for more details contact Joanna on 01302-243060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate of pay is dependent on current grade, experience and payroll method.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.