Academic Appointments are currently working alongside a secondary school in Halifax to appoint a Learning Support Assistant on a long term basis to start immediately.
This role would be predominantly working with pupils who have visual impairments (VI) and other additional needs. It would involve working with teachers to support learning, educational progress and inclusion of student/s with a VI, with the aim of narrowing any attainment gap they have their fully sighted peers on entry to school.
The successful candidate would be assisting students with a VI, so that they can access the curriculum, participate in learning, experience a sense of achievement and develop independence in learning and other aspects of school life.Requirements
Benefits to YOU include:Speedy and flexible registration process
- Previous experience supporting pupils with additional needs
- Holding a relevant teaching support qualification is advantageous
- 2x references
- A valid DBS subscribed to the update service or willing to obtain one
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provisions
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’ or, for more details contact Sally on 0113 3901006 or at email@example.com
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus scheme
Rate of pay is dependent on current grade, experience and payroll method.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.