Are you an experienced pastoral assistant looking to work in a off site provision of a PRU where staff desire to give pupils opportunity and offer fresh starts each day?
- Full-time position
- Ongoing, however, this is a temporary post to begin with
- ‘Good’ rated Ofsted
- Leadership are ‘committed to staff development’
- Pupils and staff understand and respect each other, which enables the avoidance of unnecessary conflicts
Academic Appointments are currently working alongside an Alternative Provision in the Wakefield, West Yorkshire area to appoint a Pastoral Assitant, who is passionate about providing the best possible education for vulnerable students.
The provision works in partnership with local primary and secondary schools to provide an alternative education for SEMH pupils that have been permanently excluded from school.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and successful provision that offers excellent professional development opportunities for its staff.
This role is due to commence for after October half term, on a full-time and ongoing basis, will require someone who can engage with pupils and their parent or guardian ensuring there is a strong relationship in place. The candidate will be required to input basic admin onto the school's system and ensure all school registers are complete daily.
This role would suit someone who has previously worked as a Teaching Assistant and/or a school administrator that want to have more involvement with pupils. Requirements:
- Must have basic administration experience
- Experience of working with challenging behaviours is essential
- You will have resilience, patience and good behaviour management skills
- A valid DBS or be willing to obtain one
- Two references from an educational setting
If this is the role for you, what you waiting for? Apply with your CV to Olivia@academicappointments.co.uk or 01133901009 by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.