Position: Personal Assistant to the Principal
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £22,000 - £23,411
Tenure: Temp to Perm
Academic Appointments are delighted to be working with a large Academy in South Yorkshire who are currently looking to appoint a professional and conscientious person for the position of Personal Assistant to the Principal. The position is initially on a temporary basis however the role will become permanent for the right candidate.
Ideally the perfect candidate will have worked in a similar role in an education setting and should be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills and have a keen eye for detail. You will also have experience in Microsoft Office packages and have the ability to work at pace, with accuracy, whilst working as part of a dedicated team.
Main duties will include:
What our client can offer you:
- To manage the administrative needs of the Principal, word process confidential documents and produce briefing papers, reports and presentations
- To oversee and maintain the Principal’s calendar/diary.
- To organise meetings, take minutes and distribute agendas for various meetings.
- To type up all correspondence as requested by the Principal.
- To manage the Academy’s website, twitter and Facebook accounts.
- To liaise with professional bodies, outside agencies, other schools and organisations, and attend to queries on behalf of the Principal as required.
- To monitor and manage incoming email, post, correspondence on behalf of the Principal when appropriate.
- To screen the Principal’s telephone calls, enquiries and requests, handling them when appropriate.
- An Ofsted rated ‘Good’ Academy that is making continued, sustained progress.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Excellent holiday package.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
If you are interested in this position, please call Andrew Masterman on 01302 243060 or click on the 'Apply' button below.