Key Responsibilities Strategy
- Work with the SLT and the TMB to develop the shared vision and strategic plan for the academy, which is responsive to the community it serves and understood by all stakeholders;
- Work within the academy community to translate the strategic plan into agreed objectives and operational plans, which will drive forward and sustain school improvement;
- Secure the commitment of parents and the wider community to the vision and direction of the academy and the Trust;
- Ensure the sustained raising of aspiration, achievement and attainment, is met through an inclusive, sustainable and innovative lifelong education environment;
- Ensure that a high-quality educational experience (as expressed through the Astrea mission statement, principles and innovations) is available for all students;
- Work with Astrea, SLT and School Business Manager to maximise the level of external funding that is attracted to support own academy’s development;
- Develop an inclusive and supportive approach so that own academy is a place where all young people and the wider school community feel welcome;
- Demonstrate the vision and values of Astrea in everyday work and practice. Motivate and work with others to create a shared culture and positive climate;
- Promote the academy, and the Trust and develop effective and productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to attain ambitious outcomes;
- Drive and inspire a passion for learning in every member of the academy community;
- Create and maintain an effective partnership with parents and carers to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development;
Exciting times lie ahead for our clients trust which has recently been recognised by the DOE for being well placed to raise standards and achieve excellence for pupils in a growing number of academies.
Our client is an all inclusive, all-through Trust that was established to tackle historic educational disadvantage and to play its part in the social regeneration in the geographical areas in which it works and has a rare opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and life chances of so many primary and secondary school children.
The trust currently has academies based across South Yorkshire and Cambridgeshire, including academies at various stages of development. As a trust, our client is clear about the importance of achieving long term sustainability for our academies. Our clients vision is to enable individual academies to flourish with real autonomy, whist also ensuring a strong ethos across all of our clients academies.