Academic Appointments are currently working with a thriving and diverse secondary school in Leeds to appoint Progress and Welfare Coach for an October start. This is a temporary position until December 2019.
- This is an inclusive and highly rated multi-cultural school which provides a well-balanced education to students from a range of abilities and backgrounds
- Students respect their teachers and the majority ‘want’ to learn. Senior leaders expect good behaviour and these principles are set from day 1 in Year 7
- Students enjoy school and staff enjoy teaching here
Purpose of the Role:
To support access to education and the raising of the standards of educational attainment. Provide support to address the needs of those students to overcome barriers to learning.
The hours would be 37 per week.
08.15 to 4.15 Monday to Thursday, Friday finish at 3.45 pm.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working within a learning environment
- Have an understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Have experience working with children of relevant age
- Be adept at working in partnership with others
- Be able to demonstrate and use own initiative
- Be confident in managing behaviour
- Be an effective team player
- Maintain accurate records using both manual and electronic systems
- Demonstrate and use own initiative
- Deal with and implement change
- Be confident motivating young people and leading by example
- Have the ability to deal calmly with different situations as they arise
- Develop good relationships with students and staff
- Understand and respect the principles of confidentiality
- Have a good sense of humour with a resilient nature
- Commit to fulfil all the requirements of the job
- Share a student orientated focus and be able to relate well to adults and children
- Have an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Have enthusiasm, flexibility, and responsiveness to change
- Have a desire to learn and to work with all to promote the aims of the school
- Possess a commitment to hard work, teamwork and supporting others
- Present a positive personal image, contributing to a welcoming environment
- Maths and/or English Grades GCSE 9-4, A-C or equivalent
- First aid training/training as appropriate
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning process
- Knowledge of and ability to use a range of strategies in relation to student welfare and behavioural needs
- Working knowledge of SIMS
- ICT qualification
- 2 references
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’ Cleared to work in 48 hours! Candidates who attend our registration interview with all the required documentation can be cleared within 48 hours. Our dedicated Candidate and Compliance Team, work tirelessly to do so!
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.