Academic Appointments are recruiting for a Science Technician for a 'good' rated college located in Wakefield.
This role is full time from October 2020 to December in the first instance.
In their most recent Ofsted report they were described as a 'good' where 'staff are positive about the training, coaching and guidance that they have received from school leaders.' and 'pupils were found to have positive attitudes to learning in their lessons, showing respect towards teachers and their peers'.Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance / advice in meeting the practical needs of the science
curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the department.
- Prepare scientific materials and / or sets of equipment for lessons.
- Coordinate maintenance, repair and / or construction of equipment, as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development.
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and / or long-term projects.
- Check machinery / equipment.
- Ensure health and safety standards are met.
- Ensure cleanliness of materials.
- Manage the stock of materials and equipment.
- Assist staff in lessons as appropriate.
- Support practical demonstrations in lessons.
- Work with students as appropriate.
- Help to prepare and mount display materials.
- Undertake filing and other appropriate admin tasks.
- Support students throughout the day by fulfilling pastoral responsibilities.
- Participate in the academy coaching process.
- Engage fully in the academy appraisal process to fulfil personal potential and be able to participate effectively in the implementation
of the academy’s goals and improvement plan.
- Attend meetings / training and carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified on the academy calendar.
- Consistently implement all academy policies.
- Contribute to decision-making and consultation procedures.
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately to a Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal.
- Health and safety procedures; risk assessment
- Working knowledge of laboratory preparation techniques and procedures
- Fault finding and repair of equipment
- Stock control and ordering procedures
- Microsoft Office, especially Outlook,
- Excel and Word
- Prioritise, plan and organise workload
- Commitment to safeguarding
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more information
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.