Academic Appointments are working alongside an School in the Wakefield area who are looking to appoint an SEMH/SEN Tutor to work 1:1 with a female who is currently working towards the primary curriculum, therefore would benefit from a Primary trained Teacher due to the pupil's current academic needs. This role is starting February on going until potentially July.
The provision caters for pupils with Social, Emotional & Mental Health difficulties (SEMH) in key stages 3 to 4. Experience working with children who have similar needs and present challenging behaviours is essential.
Team teach or experience with team teach would be beneficial but not essential. The ideal candidate will be willing and enthusiastic about making a difference to these children's lives and education.
The role is due to start ASAP would be an full time, ongoing appointment. Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a Pupil Referral Unit or with challenging behaviour
- Primary curriculum experience
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Hold QTS or have a relevant teaching qualification
- Two satisfactory references
- A valid DBS certificate subscribed to the update service, or be willing to obtain one
Interested in this job?
Please ‘Apply Now’ or forward your CV to Olivia@academicappointments.co.uk
You can contact our Head Office on 0113 390 1000 for more informationBenefits to YOU include:
Speedy and flexible registration process
- With offices based in Leeds, Bradford, Doncaster and Harrogate you can register at an office close and convenient for you
- Late afternoon/early evening registration appointments available and Saturday registrations too
Forward thinking company
- Range of schools and alternative provision
- Assortment of roles and length of assignments – from day to day to permanent
- New, state-of-the-art technology enabling easy availability updating
- Generous referral bonus schemeIf this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’
Rate of pay is dependent on current grade, experience, and payroll method.
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.