Academic Appointments are currently working with a slightly larger than averaged sized primary school in Wakefield to recruit for a Teaching Assistant on a temporary basis.
- Full-time, temporary position
- Part of a very successful academy trust who offer structured learning opportunities
- 'Good' rated academy
- Relationships between staff and pupils are very positive, and because of this pupils are very polite and courteous
This role will be supporting the Class Teacher, working with groups and one to one with pupils and assisting with planning a preparation where required. In addition, the successful applicant will follow the health and safety policy for schools and help to create an appropriate learning environment for pupils.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have previous experience as a Teaching Assistant within a primary school. Prior experience with pupils who have challenging behaviour would be beneficial.
- Recent experience supporting pupils in a classroom environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to play a full role in a team
- Evidence of outstanding support and good classroom management
- 2 x references
- Current DBS
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.