This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful special needs school in Leeds, West Yorkshire, who looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant due to the expansion of their provision, this role will be to start in September 2020.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and highly motivated pupils and young people
- A comprehensive CPD programme with potential for career development and promotion
- Offer support of a strong, caring and committed staff team
- Awarded Investors in People
The role will involve supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis within a classroom setting. You will be responsible for engaging students with a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Condition, so it is important you have experience in a similar setting. The school are looking for an enthusiastic, motivational and creative individual to join their dedicated team at this exciting time in the life of the school.
The school provides a caring and stimulating environment in which all pupils can reach their potential and feel happy, safe and secure.
They are committed to recruiting educational professionals who have the skills to work effectively with a wide range of pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a supportive and inspiring school.
- Ability to confidently support a wide range of pupils
- Experience of supporting learners with complex needs
- Good Maths, English and ICT Skills
- NVQ/QCF or equivalent in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools or working towards is desirable
- Must be willing to ‘get stuck in’ and be enthusiastic about progressing pupils
- A valid Team Teach certificate would be an advantage
- 2x references from an educational establishment
- A valid DBS or willing to obtain one
If this is the job for you then please ‘Apply Now’ or contact our SEND Consultant Olivia, on 01133901009 or Olivia@academicappointments.co.uk
Academic Appointments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Policies, including our ‘Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy’, can be found on our website.
Academic Appointments Limited acts as an employment agency and employment business.
Pay rate is subject to current pay scale, experience and payroll provider.